Mobile app for calculating risk of malignancy of lung nodules
Oncimmune is a leading early cancer detection company. Their patented technology can detect autoantibodies produced in response to cancer, allowing their tests to detect cancer up to 4 years earlier than current methods. They have already sold over 150,000 simple blood tests for early lung cancer detection. One way that Oncimmune does this is by providing their test to doctors who have patients with a lung “spot” or nodule. That’s why they decided to create an application that would help doctors quickly calculate the probability that their patients have lung cancer. The main challenges included:
1. Incorporating the algorithm for calculating patient risk of having lung cancer.
2. Providing doctors and their high risk patients with a simple and easy-to-use risk of malignancy tool for early cancer diagnoses;
3. Finding a company that would design a mobile application in line with their brandbook;
4. Translating the designs into a ready product that would perform well on devices used by the target audience.
Oncimmune turned to DigitalMenti, because DigitalMenti offered a complete service – from building wireframes and designing screens to coding a mobile application. During the scoping session, the DigitalMenti team verified the client’s needs and requirements for the application. They recommended React Native as an optimal solution that would facilitate building such a product efficiently. The process consisted of the following steps:
1. Building wireframes and designing user interfaces that would enable users to calculate the probability of cancer in a few easy clicks;
2. Uploading designs to Zeplin to verify how the components should be styled quickly;
3. Developing applications for iOS and Android simultaneously and checking how they perform across different devices;
4. Designing additional marketing visuals that would illustrate how the app works.
Building an app in React Native took only six weeks, which included the design and testing phases. The cooperation between the teams went smoothly and according to the plan. The client could quickly begin the promotional efforts and focus on business goals. The main benefits of co-operating with DigitalMenti include:
1. The client could immediately test the application of screens that target audience would use;
2. Thanks to the rapid prototyping in React Native, the client could also obtain feedback about the application from doctors and patients quickly;
3. The app is really simple, intuitive and visually appealing – the user can learn the likelihood of having cancer just by answering a few questions;
4. The app supports iOS 10+ devices and most of Android 4.1+ devices.